- Our members
- ABS Events
- Capacity Building Programmes
- International Deans' Programme (IDP)
- Development Programme for Marketers (DPMAR)
- Deans' and Directors Development Programme (3DP)
- Development Programme Directors of Learning and Teaching (DPDLT)
- Development Programme Heads of Department (DPHOD)
- Development Programme for Senior Managers (DPSM)
- Development Programme for Directors of Research (DPDOR)
- Conference Calendar
- Data and Surveys
- PR Network
- Membership Records
- Policy Network
- About ABS
UK Business Schools
Globally, there are estimated to be over 7000 business schools. Research by GMAC suggests the number of postgraduate business programmes grew by almost 4000 in the decade to 2007. In continental Europe there are over 1200 taught business Masters programmes in English. A search on Google for the words ‘business school’ produce tens of millions of responses.
Taken together with the current global economic downturn causing uncertainty for business schools, there has never been a more important time for schools to clearly explain and differentiate their offer and market the benefits of studying at their school. The Business of Branding has run for five years in a row collecting data on perceptions of schools and their positioning in the market,helping schools better understand how they can successfully communicate with key target audiences. (Taken from the Business of Branding 2009)
Business and management degrees give graduates the edge in an international job market especially when English is the language of business.So, the UK is well established as the place to do business:
- One in eight undergraduates studies business at university making it the UK's most popular degree choice.
- Circa 12,500 MBA students graduate from business schools in the UK (from both acreddited and non-accredited schools), together with Indian and China are the largest number of MBA population outside of North America. (Source AMBA, 2009).
- The UK has 21 EQUIS accredited schools- the highest number of any country in Europe.
Be a part of it.
With members in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland visit our members' websites and get in touch.