- Our members
- ABS Events
- Capacity Building Programmes
- International Deans' Programme (IDP)
- Development Programme for Marketers (DPMAR)
- Deans' and Directors Development Programme (3DP)
- Development Programme Directors of Learning and Teaching (DPDLT)
- Development Programme Heads of Department (DPHOD)
- Development Programme for Senior Managers (DPSM)
- Development Programme for Directors of Research (DPDOR)
- Conference Calendar
- Data and Surveys
- PR Network
- Membership Records
- Policy Network
- About ABS
International Deans' Programme
The IDP provides networking opportunities under the Chatham House rule with counterparts globally in a cohort of around 15 deans and directors of business schools/schools of management.
In 2012 IDP5 will be held in Paris-Dauphine and ESSEC in Paris, we will visit four business schools in Montréal under the auspices of CFBSD at HEC Montréal, McGill, Concordia and UQAM. The third module is at BI in Oslo.
The benefits of the IDP include:
• Global networking with the potential for long-term collaboration.
• Candid round table discussions on real time issues, e.g. the role of the dean, governance, funding models and fund raising, team building, faculty development, strategy, sustainability, structures, creating a research culture, quality, innovation, negotiating with the central university, globalisation, technology, positioning your school, the student experience, branding, rankings and accreditation, alumni, executive education, curriculum design, portfolio management, social debates, managing your own time, energy and career.
• Head room, time to think and engage in current debates on the future of management and business education and different models.
• Action learning projects on real time issues.
• Psychometrics: MBTI, 16PF, FIRO-B, 360 feedback.
Over 60 business school deans from the following 23 countries have participated in the IDP to date:
Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, New Zealand, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, USA.
IDP participants have visited business schools and companies in ten countries: Brazil, China, Lithuania, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, UK, USA.